Hope Hope

I must say, I was sceptical at the start of the song. I don't really know why you used Rhodes there, but they don't really fit the rest of the song in my opinion. First of all your sounds are really good, the piano sounds beautiful with the split(-ish) stereo. When you introduce the guitar, it takes on a Pink Floyd vibe. The sounds somewhat remind me of Shine on you Crazy Diamond. All in all, great work! I enjoyed listening to it! Thanks!

Phonometrologist responds:

Thank you so much for listening and taking time to express your thoughts on it--I don't take these for granted I assure you. I was wondering what track of Pink Floyd in particular it reminded me the most and I think perhaps you're right with Shine On mostly because of the background strings.
The Rhodes idea was just a little intro I thought keeping in there primarily to set the tone of the piece. Call it a psychological approach I took in perspective to how one would listen to it. It's meant to say, "expect to take your time," with the piece as you're listening, but it's also a production trick to have the listener adjust their volume to hear it better while the music that proceeds it gets a little louder. Another reason was because I liked the timbre of the Rhodes, and it makes the piano sound a little more refreshing to my ears when the chord progression is being done with a different sound.
I experimented with a lot of ideas on this track, and really what I'm trying to say is that the Rhodes idea was just that. Got to find out some way to see if it works. Maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't, but I'm okay with that. Thank you again for the review!

The Great Leviathan The Great Leviathan

I love the sounds. The bass (read: percussion) is really powerful and well done. Only comment I have is that I would've liked a bigger climax in the song. Other than that, spot on! Great job!

16 - The Change 16 - The Change

The Bass....

...Reminds me of a song I made, at least in the beginning :P Look it up. Mayday Monday.
It sounds good, but the piano is a little bit too midi for me. All tones are played the same. Too bad for that, otherwise it sounds pretty good!
Greets Chris

Fr0zEnPh0eNiX responds:

Hey, you weren't kidding!

Anyway, I have a question for you, what are you using to produce those sounds... and also, are you actually playing that bass/piano?

Thanks!

The Funky Chicken-Dance The Funky Chicken-Dance

Haha

I bet you use Reason! I used the same sample as u in a song :P Check it out, The Good, The Bad, The Minimal. Kinda funny :P

Pocketpod responds:

Yeah you're right^^ it's funny to hear the same sample in another song^^

thanks for review.

Another Delightful Voyage Another Delightful Voyage

1 word: Awesome

Damn dude! One of the best mixes I ever heard! Just be sure to keep making these!! Specially the rappers delight part was awesome, one of my favorite songs all time! Simply awesome!

Tantalis329 responds:

I am glad you enjoyed it. It's good to hear from a fan of the initial songs ^^, I have been wanting to use Rapper's Delight for a while cause it's such an awesome song.
-Tantalis329

But I don't want no trouble But I don't want no trouble

Fatboy

Fatboy Slim all over it. This could easily be his new track. Simply awesome. Great flow, nice overpowered beat to complete it. Nothing more to say than plain awesomeness.

#7 Funkalicous #7 Funkalicous

hahaha!!!

Haha, awesome you took my song to get inspired by! It's something completely different, though the bass sounds a bit the same! Its cool ;-)
Cya! Chris

ShadowSport responds:

LOL, I was just listening your Funkalicious, when I saw this review.
pretty cool (and weird)

, but thanks!
:P

Feel the Flow (of Funk) Feel the Flow (of Funk)

you gotta love funk

This is simply awesome! I really like the pace changes! I use Reason 4, but the thing is with Reason, the brass sounds suck all really hard. ACID 7.0... never heard of it really... But i must say, its awesome. If anything i think theres a little bit too much echo on the saxophone. the rest is awesome plain awesome. keep the funk alive! at least i try to do so ;-)

Goliath by Matt Baron Goliath by Matt Baron

This is the last Review for now :P

There it is again... The weird sort of lag in the pianoplay... Not anoying just noticable (ok i'll stop about it now) It has an awesome beat and I really like the cello and violin. It's maybe a little repetitive, and like i said to the other song, It could use some kind of solo (i know, i just love solo's :P makes the musician in me go wild :P) It starts really nice, dark and nearly creepy, the beat fits it just perfectly.
Cheerio!

Henna (CD Sampler Mix) Henna (CD Sampler Mix)

Nice!!

I like this! Alot! I love the beat! But somehow there's just some kind lag in your songs, although its really small and barely noticable, I can hear and "feel" it in the song. Geez, what can I say besides that I like it. Maybe it could use some kind of solo ontop of the main part (from 0:48) Maybe some kind of heavy synth solo or maybe a guitar!
Thats it for now! Greets