Hope Hope

I must say, I was sceptical at the start of the song. I don't really know why you used Rhodes there, but they don't really fit the rest of the song in my opinion. First of all your sounds are really good, the piano sounds beautiful with the split(-ish) stereo. When you introduce the guitar, it takes on a Pink Floyd vibe. The sounds somewhat remind me of Shine on you Crazy Diamond. All in all, great work! I enjoyed listening to it! Thanks!

Phonometrologist responds:

Thank you so much for listening and taking time to express your thoughts on it--I don't take these for granted I assure you. I was wondering what track of Pink Floyd in particular it reminded me the most and I think perhaps you're right with Shine On mostly because of the background strings.
The Rhodes idea was just a little intro I thought keeping in there primarily to set the tone of the piece. Call it a psychological approach I took in perspective to how one would listen to it. It's meant to say, "expect to take your time," with the piece as you're listening, but it's also a production trick to have the listener adjust their volume to hear it better while the music that proceeds it gets a little louder. Another reason was because I liked the timbre of the Rhodes, and it makes the piano sound a little more refreshing to my ears when the chord progression is being done with a different sound.
I experimented with a lot of ideas on this track, and really what I'm trying to say is that the Rhodes idea was just that. Got to find out some way to see if it works. Maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't, but I'm okay with that. Thank you again for the review!

The Great Leviathan The Great Leviathan

I love the sounds. The bass (read: percussion) is really powerful and well done. Only comment I have is that I would've liked a bigger climax in the song. Other than that, spot on! Great job!

16 - The Change 16 - The Change

The Bass....

...Reminds me of a song I made, at least in the beginning :P Look it up. Mayday Monday.
It sounds good, but the piano is a little bit too midi for me. All tones are played the same. Too bad for that, otherwise it sounds pretty good!
Greets Chris

Fr0zEnPh0eNiX responds:

Hey, you weren't kidding!

Anyway, I have a question for you, what are you using to produce those sounds... and also, are you actually playing that bass/piano?

Thanks!